As I write this I am enjoying the last day of a four day get away at Wye River. It is a stunning location where mountains meet the sea. The glorious gum trees are filled with bird life. We have seen cockatoos, rosellas, willy wagtails (not sure of their real name but this is what I call them), currawongs and king parrots.
I decided I wanted to get up close and as you can see I finally had them eating out of my hand. You can use the same process to get your customers eating out of your hand.
- Go where your customer is – I went on to balcony when the birds were there
- Give them what they want – I had broken bits of biscuit that I knew they liked
- Make it easy for them – I put some crumbs on the railing and then held my open handful of crumbs next to it
- Support them and make them comfortable – I held my hand steady and gave them more crumbs as they stood on my hand
- Show gratitude – As they fed I was saying thank you for visiting us
- Celebrate your success – The rest of us staying at the house came out to say hello to the king parrots
What about you? Do you have your customers eating out of your hands? Use this process and you soon can!
PS Do you Exhibit at Tradeshows, Expo’s or Conferences? Want to have your visitors eating out of your hand? Register for the complimentary webinar 5 Steps to Double Your Return.