So often at shows you will see televisions or screens with video playing to attract the attention of the guest.
But is it worth it? Well it depends. It depends on the show, the target market, the objectives you have for the show, the other engagement techniques you have and a range of items. But there are definitely some considerations to keep in mind
- The expo floor is a noisy place so don’t depend on your sound to attract attention. Your video needs to be as effective with the sound off as it does with the sound on.
- Visitors turn up at difference times and leave at difference times so either keep the video short (30 seconds) or have a longer video made up of chucks of easily digestible “Points”
- Have plenty of colour and movement to get the attention of the visitor
- Make it relevant to your theme and objective
- Make it edgy – the best out come is when guests are saying “You HAVE to see the video on this stand”
- Include calls to action on it. Why simply attract attention when you can get the visitor to take action