One of the key things that exhibitors frequently forget is their people.
Don’t get me wrong, they remember that they need people, they will frequently ensure they have people on the stand but they don’t do some of the key things required to set their team up for success. It is too easy for the pre-show training to be, “By the way, you are on the stand on Thursday and Friday, ok?”
That is simply not enough.
Here are a few things you may want to consider:
- Have you got the right people on the stand? The friendly, social ones not the grumpy, “I hate people” ones
- Have you briefed the team on expected behaviours on the booth?
- Does your team know the objectives for the show?
- Have the team been trained in engaging with visitors?
- Does your team know how to qualify people?
- Does your team know how to move people on politely?
- Are your team briefed on the supportive marketing activites happening at this time?
- Do your team know the key messages you are trying to promote?
- Does your team know what do to with customer research they receive?
- Do they know how THEIR success will be measured?
- Do your team know how to deal with customer complaints?
- Are your team ready to have fun regardless of how their feet feel?
This is by no means an exhaustive list. But it does address some of the key things your team need.
So what do your team need?